Sunday, September 27, 2009

Look For A Star


[CURRENT MUSIC: BEAUTY AND THE BEAST]

I just finished watching this movie "Look For A Star". It's a lazy Sunday night, basically doing nothing other than being a permanent couch-potato, day-by-day.

The sillier you are, the happier you are...when it comes to love anyway. Like kids for instance, if they like something they like. If they don't they don't. They're simple, direct, outright. Unlike us adults, we think too much. We weigh the consequences to every situation. We do a cost-benefit analysis to every scenarios.

So the story goes. At first it was Vivian which I talked to the other day, telling me to not really set my expectations so high and to love for the moment. When it comes grab it, think too much and there you are alone again. At that time, I thought to myself "Ahh what bullshit, how could a 20 yr old like know know better than me?" But then today this movie I watched reinforces what she said in my mind. Maybe it's true that I'm constantly expecting for better ones that I'm still alone, feeling lonely most of the time and unhappy.

So now there's one presented in front of me. Should I go for it? Because I've already started weighing the good and bad points. I've started laying out the cost-benefit analysis. And so what made me think if I should go for it is why do I care so much really? It might not even last. Just go for the heat of the moment thing. After all how long do we all live? Right? What I'm talking about is really a fundamental change in me. If I go for it this time, I will have a real fundamental change in me, not be so fussy and have so high expectations. But it could be good you know? Maybe that's the key to my happiness.

Let's just see how it goes.......

No comments: